A few days ago we spoke about what WON’T be changed in the SEA exam from 2019.
Let’s continue talking about what WILL be changed in 2019.
- Reduction in the number of items in Mathematics and English Language Arts papers.
- Adjustments to the total raw scores for ELA and Mathematics.
- Explicit connection between thinking processes and the objectives that are assessed for English Language Arts and Mathematics.
- Incorporation of Money as a component under the Number strand in Mathematics.
- Assessment of spelling, punctuation, capitalisation, and grammar in context.
- Inclusion of prose/fictional passages as part of reading comprehension.
- Increased emphasis on reading comprehension.
We will be going through these things and more. Let’s help prepare your young ones. Contact us for classes soon!